January.....oh what a month

posted Jan 24, 2011, 4:29 PM by Sara Zenter
Well, a lot has happened since I last posted about the growth scan.  We got the new nursery furniture in and it is already in Christopher's room.  We still need to take pictures of his room for everyone!
I had my beautiful shower with Stephen's family side.  Julie, our sister-in-law threw it in Shreveport at Aunt Dayle's house.  We had a wonderful turn out and Christopher got even more beautiful things!  Julie did such a beautiful job on everything.  We are so grateful for her and for her throwing the shower.  Pictures are already in our albums, so go take a look at them!
Also the same day that Julie threw me a shower, Andrea had another shower too.  I chose Jan 15th for my shower, so I could attend her shower as well.  Cadence got a lot of wonderful items at her shower too!  It was a day for babies :)  And Cadence will be here on Feb 14th, if not before!
I had my 32 week check-up on the 17th.  Stephen was able to meet my actual doctor this time.  And we also learned that we will have another growth scan on Feb. 14th to see how big Christopher is getting.  They are doing this for a number of reasons.  One being that my doctor goes on spring vacation March 14th week, which would be the very last week I could be pregnant.  Second is my stomach is measuring 32 weeks, but Christopher was measuring 1 week ahead, so they want to make sure he has enough room.  Third is to see if he has actually turned yet.  And by the way I feel him kick, I don't believe he has turned yet....so it is a waiting game now.
Everything is still going great for Stephen and mainly me.  I had been doing very well with just having allergy issues until this past weekend.  I wasn't feeling great on Saturday (22nd), but thought it was just allergies, so I went to our friend Pam's wedding shower (thanks Jenn for driving me!).  By the time we got back, I was even more tired and started getting achy.  I didn't have a fever, so I took some Tylenol and went out to eat for Eric's birthday.  Well during the night, a fever set in.  I took Tylenol twice during the night, so by morning I was ready to find some place to go to figure out what was going on.  I found an urgent care facility, so Stephen drove me there.  We waiting over an hour, maybe even closer to an hour and a half in the waiting area to be called back.  By the time they called me back, my fever had hit 101.1 - which is not good to have a fever that high while being pregnant.  So we finally get into a room and waited there for what seemed forever!  A nurse came in and swabbed my nose to see if I happened to have the flu.....well that was exactly what I had.  Apparently, even though I got the flu shot, I still contracted Type A flu.  Good news is, we caught it VERY early.  And by that, I mean I haven't had a fever in over 24 hours now; my stomach never got too messed up, just uneasy; and now I am just dealing with conjestion and a cough.  Both Stephen and I are on Tamiflu - Stephen's is just as a precaution.  I am also taking an allergy medicine to help dry me up along with a cough medicine.  That way, I can sleep in the same bed as Stephen tonight :)
I go back to the doctor in a week, so we will update everyone on that and Christopher's shower down in Houston in a couple of weeks!